February 21, 2008

Friday Feast #180

Appetizer
Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim?


Many....maaaaaaany practical jokes. One time, when I was in college, we 'borrowed' something from a professor's office during finals week. It was his old, worn recliner, in which he was rumored to take a nap each afternoon. We demanded a ransom of one of those huge bags of M&M's, but were never paid.

So the recliner had to die.

Oh, c'mon now, I'm kidding. We sneaked it back.


Soup
What do your salt and pepper shakers look like?

















Salad
Where is the next place you plan to visit (on vacation or business)?


Well, I am leaving to go to a ladies' retreat tomorrow afternoon. We're going to a retreat center in the mountains of Prescott, Arizona. (speaking of practical jokes, there are usually some shenanigans each year up at the retreat....I can only hope I"m on the correct side of the shenanigans)


Main Course
What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry?


Suave oatmeal stuff. Since nothing I have found really works and it appears I'm allergic to lanolin, I just buy the cheapest lotion that has petroleum and glycerin in the top ingredients.

Dessert
Make up a dessert, tell us its ingredients, and give it a name.


I'm no good at naming things nor do I want to make up a recipe, so I will just tell you one of our favorites around here. It is the perfect sleep over dessert and we have 4 daughters, so we make it a lot.

Bake chocolate chip cookies, just until they are done around the edges. The center should be close to raw.
Put half baked cookies in bowls and put one large scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Squiggle a little chocolate sauce on top, then serve before the ice cream melts too much.

It is called a Pizzookie and if you don't want to make your own, go and order one at Oregano's.

***Go to Friday's Feast to learn more or to do your own spread.***

3 comments:

Gattina said...

A ladies retreat ?? that must be funny !!

Unknown said...

Wow...that's a great dessert!!!

Feel welcome to visit my feast at

Laane on the World

Have a great weekend!!!

**"Liza"** said...

great feast here.ladies retreat? bet it would be fun. dessert sounds yummy..
Mine is here at My so called life