September 6, 2008

Generation gappy

My sisters and I took my mom to see the movie Mama Mia this afternoon. We wondered if she would like a movie that really relates to our generation as far as nostalgia and humor. We went to the "Mama Sing" version of the movie. It had all the lyrics at the bottom of the screen, sing-a-long style. So after the movie, I asked her if she liked the movie.

She said, "Well........it was no Sound of Music."

"It was what we used to call bawdy."

My sister, "I wonder what your Sunday School
ladies will think of you seeing it."

Mom, "Oh they've probably all seen it already.
But we'll have something to talk about now."

We laughed a lot today.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Your mom sounds funny .... hmmmm ... maybe the apple didn't fall too far from the tree on that one! LOL!