January 14, 2008

A hard night's day...

Our burglar alarm went off at 4:30am. NO ONE in my house woke up except for me!! I had to pound on my husband to wake him up! We went running around looking for the open window or door, then push the button on the system that says which sensor went off (like smart people that we are, after running around the house looking) It was the back sliding door and when we looked, the sensor had fallen off. My adreneline was pumping so hard I could feel it moving like waves through me and my heart was beating so HARD I though I was going to have a heart attack.

It fell off again while I was at work and our 17 year old had turned on the alarm and left the house. So the police came, etc. just after I got home. (she leaves 15 minutes before I get home) It made me shake all over again just to have to talk to the police, show my ID, tell them why the alarm went off, etc. I'm so stressed out....bet I have several more gray hairs after today. It reminded me too much of last summer when I scared a burglar out of our house when I pulled up in the driveway.

I can see how people would have stress reactions and anxiety attacks after traumatic events if such small things make my system react like it did.

1 comment:

joannmski said...

Wah! That is TOO much excitement. I would definitely need to take a nap after that. And drink a lot of water to flush out all the nervousness. Hugs to you!