January 26, 2008

Feelin groovy

I felt really good for the first time in two weeks today. I went through the house, getting things done that have been bothering me for weeks! (like mopping the floor!) Then we sat out on the patio for a long time and talked and enjoyed the warm sun. Once the sun went out of range for shining on us, it got chilly quick and we went in the house. Charles has picked up the dreadful virus I had last week and it looks like it might take just as long to get through with it.

A nice, quiet day was just what we needed. There was a youth retreat this weekend, so the teens were gone. And Maggie went to her cousin's house and spent time harvesting oranges from their trees. When I pulled up to their house to pick her up, Maggie was standing under an orange tree on the side of the house. I had no sooner wondered where her cousin was, then she plopped out of the tree to the ground, like a ripe orange. =)

I came home with Maggie and a bag of oranges...Valencia oranges...yum. The other day we were sitting outside and I spied a lemon on our lemon tree. Just one. Last year we got exactly twelve. It was the year we planted it so it was not mature yet. A late freeze last winter killed the blossoms, so not many people have lemons this year. It was a nice surprise and it was a good one too! I've been enjoying wedges of it in my water each day.

A groovy day, man.

The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
Simon & Garfunkel

Slow down, you move too fast
You've got to make the morning last
Just kickin' down the cobble stones
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy!
(La,la,la,la,la,la, feelin' groovy)

Hello, lamp post, whatcha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing
Ain't ya got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo, feelin' groovy!
(La,la,la,la,la,la, feelin' groovy)

Got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you, all is groovy!
(La,la,la,la,la,la, feelin' groovy)
(La,la,la,la,la,la, feelin' groovy)

No comments: