November 6, 2008

Sunny Day

I started out the back gate at school today to walk home. A lot of parents were already gathered to walk their children home, the younger siblings playing while they waited. Since the sun is so intense here I get burned really easily and use a small umbrella to shade my face and arms while I walk. Today a little girl who looked about three years old saw me put up my umbrella. I smiled at her as I walked by and then she made a loud comment to her dad. She had very precise enunciation too.

"That la-dy has an um-brel-la. SHE thinks it's go-ing to ra-aain!" Then began intense three year old giggling and a dad's laughter too....as well as mine. I laughed at least half way home.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

How cute!!! :), Thanz for that, you put a smile on my face.