June 21, 2007

Friday's Feast #149

To join up and create your own feast, go to Friday's Feast, get the questions and browse the comments section for more to feast upon.



Appetizer
Name a funny habit you have.


I make stuffed animals come to life. I've tried desperately to stop, but I just can't help myself! I just start channeling them. We used to wonder WHY in the world our 2 year old (who is now 15) had a New York accent. Yes, we lived in New Jersey at the time, but none of us had accents. It was the strangest thing. Then one night while I was putting her to bed, I realized her BEAR was talking to her with a New York accent! (Long Island to be specific) It was very funny....and kinda scary. I didn't even realize! Bears kind of take on a life and personality of their own around me....and I obey. (complete with swirling spirals in my eyes)

My oldest daughter, who is now 19, starts talking back to the animal I'm animating and then she gets all embarrassed and hits me! The last time it happened was on vacation 2 years ago. We bought a little stuffed zebra for Maggie. (and by the way, it looks exactly like the picture above!) He kept trying to convince Hannah that he was a donkey and she was arguing with him. Then when we laughed at her, she wouldn't even look at the zebra the rest of the trip....even though he tried desperately to get her attention! I still had trouble even tonight typing z e b r a instead of donkey. (see, I believed him too!) He's a persuasive little runt!

Soup
If you could instantly know how to play a musical instrument, which one would you pick?

I have always wanted to play the guitar. However the only instrument I can actually play is the kazoo.

Salad
How long is your hair?

About 2 inches past my shoulders.

Main Course
When was the last time you forgave someone, and who was it?

Last week....one of my kids.

Dessert
What is your favorite kitchen appliance?

Well that would have to be my cobalt blue Kitchenaid mixer! I had been wanting one for years. Every Christmas I would look at them longingly in the stores, drop hints, make the suggestion. Every year it seemed we couldn't afford it. Then one year when we lived in Williams, AZ, the men of the church were planning a night to go to the mall and do Christmas shopping for their wives....all together. So I made my list....there was only one item on it! And that Christmas....I got a diamond necklace.

WHAT!??

It seems a friend of Charles convinced him that kitchen appliances were NOT an appropriate gift for wives at Christmas. AAACK! Well, I loved the necklace, but I wanted to kick that man in the shins! (the friend, not the husband) So the next year I told my husband I was getting a Kitchenaid mixer and he let me pick one out on Amazon dot com. ;)

No comments: