June 1, 2007

Friday's Feast #146

**To prepare your own feast, go to Friday's Feast, copy and answer the questions and leave your comment on the FF sight.**

Appetizer
Name something you think is “the best.”

Fudge pie and ice cream. (I'm stuffed from eating at Olive Garden but garlic mouth makes me want chocolate.) Fudge Pie was one of the first things I learned how to bake from scratch as a young adult. My seminary roomate gave me the recipe. It is simple, but has extraordinary taste and texture.

And it reminds me of those seminary days, living in a teensy garage apartment, engaged to Charles and my roomate was engaged too. Fun times! You must cook it just before eating it so it will be nice and hot and crisp on top!


Fudge Pie


Melt together:
1 stick of margarine or butter
1 square of unsweetened baker's chocolate

Add:
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla

Pour into greased pie pan and bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees.
The texture is crunchy on top, then custard like in the middle.
Serve hot with ice cream.

Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 highest), how stressed are you today?

3....pretty good but let me tell you why! Today is our 23rd wedding anniversary. Charles has the day OFF and we stayed home, did some chores, swam and lazed around the pool, then went for lupper/linner (that is the word for a combo lunch/supper or dinner, according to Emma) at Olive Garden around 3pm. I feel very relaxed and destressed. We'll make homemade ice cream later....if we want to. (and perhaps some FUDGE PIE)

Salad
What kind of cleanser do you use to wash your face?

Neutragena Acne Wash in the pump bottle....great stuff!!

Main Course
Tonight is a blue moon! What is something that you believe only happens “once in a blue moon.”

A totally clean house....every room very tidy and actually CLEAN. A rare occurence indeed!!

Dessert
When was the last time it rained where you live?

I live in the desert. It was probably in March.

No comments: