May 4, 2005

LIfe....

Today was quite a day. The kids at school got their work done with the usual whining and questioning every little thing. ~aarg~ I had to leave for an hour to take our church secretary and our financial secretary out to lunch, in place of my husband, for secretary’s day. (He is out of town til tomorrow night.) We went to a very touristy restaurant at a train depot in town….good lunch! When I got back it was time to take the kids out for PE to play tennis at a nearby tennis court. So the other adult helper and I decided to play each other instead of playing with the kids. We hit those little neon green balls back and forth for a good 30 minutes, then for another 15 minutes after a break. It was fun! Then back to the school, to a Mexican dance performance by our local children’s dance club. Really beautiful.

After school, I stopped by the grocery store while waiting for my high school daughters to get out of band. Went home, only to hear a message from my friend Edith on the answering machine that our friends, the Holleys were going to be late, so I was to call Edith before taking their dinner over so she could let me in to leave the dinner. …..uh….THE DINNER! If I were more unorganized, I’d be a basket case. I went into high gear and got grilled chicken, scalloped potatoes and green beans ready by 5pm and took it over. A miracle by anyone’s estimation I think! Then I went to Dr B's, my chiropractor, on the way home cuz my whole back and legs ache and are stiff from all the tennis. Then home, ate dinner (had the same menu as the Holleys), got the girls off to youth group and am now crashed, totally, on the couch. I want to whimper, but I'm too tired! My gimpy knee is fussing at me and every time I try to get up, it crackles….I don’t think that is a good thing. I’ve also had 7-8 calls on the phone since crashing on the couch and I’m thinking of throwing it out the window except that it is a new phone and I like it.

I have to take Hannah to work in the morning. =( This is all my husband’s doing. He is out of town with the other car. Hannah goes to work at 5:30am at an espresso shop. Then a full day of work again. After school we go to piano lessons 10 miles out of town for my two younger daughters, then in the evening we go to the Spring high school band concert my two oldest daughters are in. I just wanted to let someone know in case I disappear tomorrow.

I’m entertaining thoughts of running away…..but where would I go….hmmmm


Blessed is the person who is too busy to worry in the daytime and too sleepy to worry at night. ~unknown~

Parents are often so busy with the physical rearing of children that they miss the glory of parenthood, just as the grandeur of the trees is lost when raking leaves. ~Marcelene Cox~

G’night

No comments: