January 28, 2005

Finding Glory

Welll it went peacefully...my husband's dad passed away a couple hours ago. Everyone's fine. My husband's sister and a nurse were there with his mom when he died. I guess they could tell he was breathing his last and sang some of his favorite hymns for him while he passed. *if you have to go, that is not a bad way eh?* ...thanks for the prayers and thoughts...

This picture *from the web, not original* reminds me of my father in law. He loved Colorado and he brought back seeds from Columbine flowers one year and kept them growing each year in his garden. They were huge and beautiful....really an interesting looking flower.

Took my daughters to see Finding Neverland this afternoon. That was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Great story and acting...and gave greater understanding behind the story of Peter Pan. Neverland is a beautiful thought for people like me who like escapism and make believe.....

I don't believe in Neverland, but I do believe in anotherland. I'm happy for my father in law to be there, out of pain and suffering and into God's presence. One day I'll pass right on through to it like it's the next step in the journey and I think I"ll take to it like a duck to water. =) But not to escape....it's going to be more real than anything we've ever seen before and we'll be able to truely see with eyes wide open and understand......It will be glorious.....

No comments: