September 8, 2010

...cupcakes and muzzles

I have to go help my sister make 150+ chocolate cupcakes tomorrow for our ladies' fancy luncheon on Saturday! Chocolate with cherry filling....or something like that.

I asked her if I was allowed to sample if I helped and she brought up the Bible verse about not to muzzle the ox while it's treading.

I think I'm insulted. She just laughed.

1 Corinthians 9:9-10  9 For the law of Moses says, “You must not muzzle an ox to keep it from eating as it treads out the grain.” Was God thinking only about oxen when he said this? 10 Wasn’t he actually speaking to us? Yes, it was written for us, so that the one who plows and the one who threshes the grain might both expect a share of the harvest. 
[or the cupcakes]




1 comment:

mmichele said...

Chocolate cherry cupcakes? Don't even mention the word muzzle.