March 24, 2011

Excuses and stuff

So I guess you can tell by my last entry why I have not been blogging lately.

My husband left for a 2 week trip to Africa on the 11th and my life was complete busyness until today, when I finally had time to relax and do some things around our new place. Maybe someone was praying that I'd be kept busy so that I wouldn't worry or that time wouldn't drag by while Charles was gone.

Uhhh, thanks....?

blahblahblah: I had my own kids coming and going from Texas and California, my brother and his daughter coming for a rare visit from Maryland and Georgia, a wedding to go to, events to cook for, meeting one of my daughters' boyfriend for the first time, along with running realtor errands and emptying out our former home. Oh yes, and the kitchen sink fiasco....and figuring out how to move our old refrigerator to the neighbor's, which they bought from us. (Special thanks to friend Larry who helped me with both of those!) And while we were moving the fridge over, the neighbor said people had been at our old house and looked like they were having a party there, which explained why the doors were all unlocked.

So....very little time to process here on the blog. And when I did have time and came here to my blog dashboard, I would just sit here and go "duuuuuuuuuuh".

Yay: Charles comes home tomorrow morning *sighs of relief all around*, I met 2 of my neighbors, who were outside chatting tonight when I pulled into the driveway, and, of course, the shower curtain dilemma is over. I would jump for joy if I weren't so tired.

2 comments:

Kismint said...

Hey Crickl! I always knew you were a bloggy-person, but I never did check out your blog! This is great! You are such an entertaining writer! I've been trying to work my way up from you first 2005 posts... things were definately different six years ago. Anyway, just wanted you to know that I think this is really neat!

PS: I'm glad your shower curtain problem is solved.

-Kate Pilkington

crickl's nest said...

Kate! I am so honored that you read through things and were entertained! I love that....thanks so much.

You are definitely my favorite 7th grader! I love you! Now get busy and catch up, I have almost 700 posts.

Christie