October 18, 2010

Kettle corn

 A friend posted this on facebook and I tried it tonight. It is so easy and yummy!



Mix together 1/2 cup popcorn kernels and 3 Tablespoons of white sugar*.

Put 3 Tablespoons oil in a large saucepan, heat oil until it smokes (I used medium heat on my electric stove, my regular temperature for popping corn).

Add popcorn and stir until it is all coated with oil. Put the lid on the pan and pop, keep shaking the pot. I thought the sugar would scorch, but it didn't. Just keep the corns moving as it pops.

*Another recipe on the internet said that if you use brown sugar, it tastes like carmel corn. Bethany suggested we should add some cinnamon next time.

When it stops popping turn the popcorn into a bowl and salt as desired.

The sugar coats the popcorn and makes it super crunchy. It's really good! Great snack for a movie night.

Thank you Angie!

2 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

I just gotta try this! I love kettle corn!

Susannah said...

Oh, yum! I love popcorn... any kind, any time.

Thanks for the link to your church study on Attending the Bride of Christ. I love that kind of study!

Blessings, e-Mom