April 20, 2010

hello

I guess I have nothing left to say.


*pffft* just kidding....this is the longest blogging break I have taken since I started the nest back in 2005 though. And I barely thought about blogging the whole month. hmmm, I say.  Image My friends here are starting to mention it. I dunno. I guess I haven't felt like sharing much lately. 


Well, here is my eclectic collection of thoughts tonight.....



I am husbandless for a few days while he is visiting his mom in Oklahoma. It was a planned visit, but it sure did come at a good time. He's had a very intense week.  A 21 year old boy from our church died while on a mission trip in Africa. The feeling of being stunned is still hanging around for all of us....it is hard to process.


...the heaviness of the past week has left me it seems....maybe that is because all the services and details are over and taken care of now.  I am glad the anxiety I was feeling for everyone and for things to go right is gone for now. whew! There is just sadness mixed with an eternal longing left in my head after it's all said and done. More about this later....too tired to put it all out there tonight.


My preschoolers are naughty little punks lately! It makes 6 hours each day feel like torture. 


And I ate ice cream....and feel guilty....I was doing so well in that area too.

My dog just put herself to bed. This is only the second time she's ever done that. She just climbed in her crate and sighed. Goofy thing. She was all mad last night because Charles was packing a suitcase. I don't think I mentioned it before on here, but she got a crazy short haircut a few weeks ago. Charles dropped her off (I'm thinking this may have something to do with it). I asked him to get her trimmed short. I should have been more specific. I did want her to have a little bit of hair. I didn't really want to see her skin and all of her freckles so ummm, unobstructed. The worst part was that they also shaved her ears. She is a bichon/poodle mix. She is supposed to have fluffy ears, but it was shaved off, leaving her looking very pathetically chihuahua-ish, bulging eyes and trembling and all. And though it looks absolutely ridiculous, it's kind of cute in a freakishly funny way. I will have to take a picture soon. 

And lastly, because I'm starting to ramble, I like air conditioning. Weather that flirts around in the 90's calls for air conditioning....it calls loudly and in a screechy, whiny voice like it's in menopause, yes it does. ....even if it is still April. 


No comments: