January 8, 2006

Embrace the blessing


Today I was squeezed more than I have been in a month! Well, that may be exaggerating, but I did notice the squeezing more today than other days. Maybe it was because we’d been gone for a week, maybe it was because life is back to ‘normal’….people aren’t as uptight from the stress of the holidays and more affectionate. Maybe it’s because there was a sweet spirit this morning in the services or maybe…..maybe it was just because I needed it. There’s no way they could have known it, but God knew it and sent some affection my way. We let God minister through us when we serve each other, when we encourage each other, love each other, so I associated it with God’s hugs…His sweet Spirit traveling through the congregation, touching each person in just the right way. It encircled us today and it took me until now, 3pm, to realize what it was….what made this morning so special.

Thank God for His people and how He uses us to touch each other. Not just in a physical hug, but often right to the heart and soul of our being. I think that happened for some people who were there today too. My husband just happened to be preaching partly from Deuteronomy 30:19-20, choose blessings or cursing.…choose to live for Him. And today the blessings were freely flowing all around. 

No comments: