August 4, 2011

I'm feeling the birthday love


The President and I turned 50 today.

I don't know how he feels about it, but so far it's been okay for me. ;) For some reason though, when you turn another decade older, people think it's alright to broadcast it for you and embarrass the heck out of you. But I do love how the birthday turns into a birthweek celebration when everyone knows it's your big birthday.

Friends and family have taken me to lunch and gone shopping with me this week. Nice, bright yellow mums are sitting on my dining room table from my sweet husband. Last week my family all got together and celebrated my birthday as well as my sister Jodi's birthday and my brother being home for a visit.

Last night at small group my friend Edith made me a wonderful cake with pineapple and cream cheese and whipped cream. It looked great....well, except for the huge number 50 in the middle. I told her she was mean, but she just laughed. My small group blessed me so much last night with a huge houseplant, a card signed by all of them and some news of a new baby on the way for one of them. (I will let you wonder, but thankfully it is not me!) They really blew me away when they gathered around me and prayed blessings over me and thanked God for me. I don't even have words for that.

Then this morning and put on my birthday suit and noticed it needs starch or something. Two of my sisters called to scream "Happy birthday!" to me before they fly out to Ireland. I'm glad people are enjoying my birthday to the fullest.

I check my email to find 70+ birthday messages from Facebook friends. It made me cry. I really appreciate Facebook for more closely connecting me with friends, past and present. I like the birthday greetings on Facebook, but there is a reason I did not include my birthyear, Mom! Thanks for outing me. >:( ;)

Later today all of my four daughters and my husband will gather with me and grill steaks, play games and there may be guitar playing/singing if I'm lucky.

Feeling appreciated and loved is a great blessing. And today I am really, really blessed.

Thank you!

5 comments:

Sara said...

You are a blessing <3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :)

Kismint said...

She's absolutly right Mrs. Crickl!
You are a WONDERFUL blessing!

I hope your day is outstandingly wonderful too!

...Three cheers for the August birthdays!

Have a happy night, and many more happy birthday wishes to come!

-Plink.

crickl's nest said...

Thank you. You are 2 of my favorite girls! <3 Love you both!

mmichele said...

Funny. President Obama's birthday was all over the news... must have missed the coverage on yours.

Hope you had a wonderful day! I love it that you are in the world!

~KQ~ said...

what a lovely post. you are truly blessed to be surrounded by a loving family and community. I feel so happy for you!
Happy 50th, dear Crickl!